The other week I headed up to Stockport for a friendly tournament being held by www.corehammer.com and it just so happened that while I was there, a bring and buy sale was going on. I managed to get an Orcs and Goblins Arachnarok kit from the Warhammer Fantasy range for cheap. Wasn't exactly sure at the time what I would use it for...
...then it came to me in a dream (or more likely whilst sat on the train or the bog) that I could make some approximation of a Soul Grinder with hopefully minimal effort.
So that's what I did. I just built the spider part of the kit, and added some green stuff pipes, which I made using a friend's tentacle tool (very useful - cheers Lee!!) and a couple of stray Nurglings. Beyond this, a spare imperial guard flamer went into the fanged maw of this monstrosity and that's all she wrote...
I will say, this kit produces one big-ass spider. Not a big ass-spider. That's disgusting.
|The original dry-fit of the flamer|
|From the side|
|Come at me, bro!|
|Run for it!|