I think for a while I'd been worried about accidentally trashing this amazing kit by doing a poor paint job on it. That's why it had remained untouched for so long.
Once I got into the swing of this, I decided to do something else I'd been putting off for ages. Using the Vallejo weathering pigments I'd bought over 2 years ago. Again, I'd been terrified of wrecking a cherished model by messing up in the application of this stuff. I'd had no idea how to use them, and incredibly, didn't even bother looking at any tutorials. I'm an idiot. This stuff is really, really simple to use, and great fun to mess about with. Truly I am fool of preposterous proportions (disclaimer: Tony of Nurgle is by no means bloated or fat).
This is an airbrushed base coat washed with Typhus
The "slug" part is a coat of Russian Green primer and
a further coat of Duck Egg applied by airbrush, then
washed with my "murk" mix
|more natural light|
The flash here shows the varying layers of pigment. It looks less crap in
natural light, though
More flash illumination