Saturday, 14 July 2012

Another 3D Death Guard sketch

I've blue-tacked another couple of fine gentlemen. Continuing the theme of yesterday's (or was it the day before?) post.

Again I've used MaxminiEU Biohazard heads and backpacks.  I'm really into these, they give an interesting look to the miniature. Heavy duty breathing apparatus that seems to be powered by a personal furnace.

If you like this stuff, then you can find it here: MaxminiEU

I've also used Anvil Industries Steam Lord medieval legs, which I think give a nice pre-Heresy feel to the models.  You can find their stuff on eBay, or on their website: Anvil Industry

Anyways, here are some pics.

Before I glue this together, I will drill out the bolter barrel. 

This chap is carrying a flamer, which you can't tell too well from
this angle
The plan with this one is to link the under-slung canister on the
flamer to the large tank on his back by means of some type of
pipe or tube or fuel line

Thursday, 12 July 2012

Death Guard 3D sketch

Here's a 3d sketch of a marine for my Death Guard army. It's not glued together or owt. It's held in place with blue tac and sheer will power.

I've used a pair of 'Medieval' Steam Lord legs from Anvil Industries, a 'Biohazard' head and back pack from MaxminiEU, the power axe from the GW Huron Blackheart miniature and some standard GW marine and chaos marine parts.

Sunday, 1 July 2012

Death Guard marine with plasma #2

Here is something else I did this week.

It's a Death Guard marine (big surprise) with a plasma.  I think I managed a better job on the energy coil of the plasma gun this time around.

If you want to see how badly I did it last time, you need to look at this post:
the other dude with a plasma

But anyway, here is a couple of pics.

Here he is with his mate, #7

Death Guard marine #7

Yes, I counted them up the other day.  I now have an accurate idea of how little of this force I have painted.
I really ought to stop building stuff for a bit and do more painting.]

But, hey, I really quite enjoy building stuff.

Anyway, I worked on this guy earlier this week, so I thought I'd put a few pictures up.  As standard, I've not painted the base. Again.  I really need to figure out exactly what I want to do with these bases.  Ideally I want to tie them in some how with the waterworks themes bases I've mounted some of the other stuff on.  If anybody has any bright ideas, I'd love to hear them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...