Sunday 5 August 2012

Death Guard marine #12

I'm doing well this week. I'm almost becoming prolific or something!!

Here's another plague marine, following my usual colour scheme...

























Something strange has also been bothering me this week.  It's had an unexpected effect on me.
A guy called Tony Sly from an American punk rock band called No Use For A Name was found dead earlier this week.  41 years old. That's only 6 years older than me.  It kind of makes a dude feel quite mortal when somebody from the same larger sub-culture, of roughly the same generation pops it..

It'd been a while (12 - 14 years!!) since I'd listened to them, as they'd not released anything that I'd been too interested in for 12 - 14 years (probably coinciding with Chris Shifflet joining Foo Fighters, actually).  Sad times.  I've been having a bit of a nostalgia trip. Here's a clip of Tony doing a tune acoustic style with Joey Cape from Lagwagon. R.I.P.


2 comments:

  1. Lagwagon.... NUFaN.... I too haven't heard anything by either of them them for over a decade and like you am sad to hear that Tony died so young... :( He's also only 5 and some months older than me. Man....

    PM looks up to yer usual standard mate. Could perhaps do with having a 4th colour oozing out of that hole in his helmet to make it pop a little?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I think on previous ones I've had a bilious green type colour oozing out.

    Will make the necessary adjustments!

    Last time I saw Lagwagon (in Manchester a couple of years back, they played audience requests for the entire gig. It was pretty awesome. There was about 100 people there, which was quite weird. They used to pull in 700 - 1000 heads...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...